Facility for Advanced Imaging and Microscopy
The microscopy and imaging core facility offers FMI scientists and collaborators a variety of high-end light and electron microscopes and cutting-edge imaging software and analysis tools.
Our main goals are to:
- Provide access to high-end acquisition and analysis workstations
- Maintain instruments and workstations to ensure quality and efficiency
- Train scientists to make sure hardware and software are used at the highest possible level
- Maintain an institute-wide image database for better and safer archiving of all images or image-related documents
- Link to other sites to make usage of the know-how among the Swiss, European or worldwide network of microscopy and imaging